Have you ever noticed you're doing everything or nothing? Cruising, cruising, cruising, BAM! everything: closing out a grant, helping a TOEFL teacher find materials online, hosting a visiting volunteer, going to goodbye dinners and lunches with Mon, going to Durres to speak to the trainees, saying goodbye to Mon from Tirana, hosting my replacement, helping her meet the community, and now, saying goodbye myself. All of the sudden I remember what it was like to leave the US. Thank goodness I don't move more often or have more friends. You'll rarely hear that, but who could take this very often?
I'm entering the zone of packing and teary eyes. I have one week and one day left in Delvine. It's unbelievable and stressful. Maybe I'll let you know how it goes-- next week. Now, let's talk more about everything. Common questions now are why I'm leaving and what's next. For once in my life I have an answer. First, I'm traveling in the Balkans.
Albania Tirana close of service May 28
Albania Thethi,Valbona & Bajram Curri
Kosovo
Albania Fierza-Koman ferry trip
Croatia Dubrovnik
Bosnia Sarajevo
Croatia Zagreb
Hungary Budapest
Serbia Belgrade
Bulgaria Sofia
USA Washington DC July 3
USA Jonesboro, AR July 7
Approximate Map
Finally, it all comes down to this. I'm beginning graduate school for environmental policy in August at Indiana University. Who knew, right? BAM! Everything.
Journaling
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment